tisdag 20 juni 2017

Bed curtains: Part 1

We had our first camping event in the tent we bought last summer, and after this trial run we now know abit better what we need and want to add to make our tent comfy and inviting.

First project is begun. I'm making curtains to go around the bed. I've calculated that I will need six panels plus the "roof". The idea is to make a starry sky on the inside. The outside...still undecided.

As it develops I will try to keep you posted on the progress.

The first panel was kind of a trial run, I haven't painted with textile colors in a long while so I just dove right in. I had two dark blue sheets and bought silver paint. Since it was a kind of a spur of the moment thing I did it the kiddie way. I made a star shaped potato stamp! It gave me the basic shape and then I just went at it with a brush. I wanted to add something more than stars so after some searching I found this image from somewhere in Istambul (need to sort this reference out later)


I drew the comet on paper, traced the outline and filled it in.

The first panel was finished yesterday and this is how it looks:


Now onto the second panel. I wanted more celestial phenomena and found this image from the book of miracles, 16th c german. ( another reference to chase down)


A meteor shower, that would be cool and then I started thinking. Tracing would be tedious so I tried a method that I use when marking for smocking. I made a plactic template, put a couple of pieces of tape to secure them in place and dusted tailors chalk with a make-up brush and it worked!


Template taped in place


Dusted with tailor's chalk


Remove the plastic template


Fill in with silver paint!

Now I just need to keep painting a lot of these....


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar